Welcome from the President
James T. Morris, PETSPE Dallas Chapter President
Dear Members and Colleagues,
Welcome to the TSPE Dallas Chapter! Myself and our volunteer Board Members look forward to seeing you at one of our upcoming meetings or events! We stand ready to help provide you with information about our local, state and national organization. Please feel free to contact any of us, if you have any questions or would like to participate on a committee or have any questions about TSPE.
As we progress through the quickly waning 2023 year and look forward to the excitement of 2024 we have a multitude of events coming up and committee’s to round out! Here’s a listing of what’s coming up!
- Monthly Shoreline Spruce Up at White Rock Lake. TSPE has adopted a section of the Lake to help clean up on a monthly basis and provide service to the local community. Please contact Katharine LeGrow for information regarding this event.
- Monthly meetings at Maggiano’s for network and PDH’s with a variety of excellent presenters and speakers including TXDOT PEPS, Consultants, TBPELS, TSPE State Leadership and many others!
- We partnered with Future Cities North Texas and helped judge their competition. For Volunteer information please contact James Morris.
- We partnered with Future Cities North Texas and helped judge their competition at TCC Trinity River.
- We will be hosting MATHCOUNTS in-person at SMU in February and are excited to witness so many young, bright kids compete with their minds. For committee planning and volunteer activities please contact Clayton Bagby or Justine Gallagher.
- We will be having future Membership Events & Happy Hours to get together and grow our network as well as have some fun. Our membership event in October was hosted at the Chicken N Pickle in Grand Prairie where we got together and enjoyed learning Pickle Ball! To volunteer for helping to organize an event please get in touch with Howard Gibbs or Austin Walker.
- Our Big, Annual TSPE E-Week Luncheon will be coming up in February as well. We look forward to hosting over 500 local engineers, consultants, City and Municipal participants and sharing in our appreciation for engineering as well as recognizing our Engineer of the Year, Young Engineer of the Year & Student of the Year from TSPE and our partnering societies.
Each year TSPE strives to further the cause of Professional Engineers in Texas by providing guidance, learning and information and helping to protect our Statewide Licensure. We also support our local college and future engineers from SMU by providing up to $10,000 in yearly scholarships. We look forward to interacting with you fellow members and future members and if there’s anything we can do please let myself or one of the esteemed Board Members know. The outlook for 2023-2024 is bright and full of potential and we look forward to sharing it with everyone!
With Good Faith and Appreciation,
James T. Morris, PE